Olivier Giroud Wiki, Age, Height, Weight, Biography, Family, Girlfriend, Wife, Career, Team, Playing Position, Records, Net Worth, Salary, Awards, Jersey Number & More
Olivier Giroud a French Professional Football player who plays for the Premier League club Chelsea and the French National team. He plays the position of forward. He is considered one of the most underrated strikers in the world.
|Real Name||Oliver Jonathan Giroud|
|Date of Birth||34 September 1986|
|Age (as in 2021)||25 years old|
|Birth Place||Chambery, France|
|Family||Father: Francois Giroud|
Mother: Marie Giroud
Siblings: Romain Giroud (brother)
Birth & Early Life
Oliver Giroud was born on 30th September 1986, in Chambery France to Francois Giroud and Marie Giroud. At the age of seven, Oliver joined his hometown club, Olympique de Froges to begin his football career. In 1999, he moved to professional club Grenoble and played for the youth team. After training with the club for 6 years, his performance got him promoted to the senior team. He got selected to play for the reserve team of the club in the Championnat de France amateur 2 and scored 15 goals in 15 games.
Education & more
On 27th March 2006, Olivier made his debut in Ligue 2 game against Gueugnon. The match ended with a draw. He made his first professional goal in 2007 against Le Harve. In the 2007-08 season, Giroud was loaned to Istres in the Championnat Nationals. He scored his first goal in his second match with the club. In the same season, he scored his first double in a win against Arles-Avignon.
In 2008, Giroud signed a deal with Ligue 2 club Tours. He made his club debut on 3rd September in a match against Boulogne in the Coupe de la Ligue. At the end of the season, the club failed to achieve a win and didn’t get a promotion to Ligue 1. Giroud finished the season with 14 goals out of 27 games played.
In the 2009-10 season, Giroud was given the position of lead striker. He led the team to victory scoring two goals in the opening match against Le Havre in the Coupe De la Ligue. In 2010, Giroud signed a 3 and half year deal with Ligue 1 club Montpellier. Giroud scored 21 goals for the club in the league. He was named 2010 League’s top goalscorer. At the end of the season, Olivier was named the National Union of Professional Footballers Ligue 2 Player of the Year. He was also named to the league’s Team of the Year.
On 1st July 2010, he joined Montpellier and made his debut in the UEFA Europa League. He scored his first league goals in a win against Valenciennes on 28 August. The club made it to the finals of Coupe de la Ligue. Olivier’s winning goal in the semi-finals against Paris- Saint Germaine led the club to its first major finals since 1994. He finished the season as the club’s top scorer. He extended his contract with the club till 2014. In2012, he was named the league’s top scorer by the Ligue de Football Professional at the end of the 2011-12 season.
In 2011, he was called to play for the national team. He made his debut playing a friendly match against the United States.
In 2012, Giroud signed a contract with Arsenal and made his debut on 18 August in the Premier League. He scored the first UEFA Champions League goal for Arsenal and earned a place in the Premier League team of the week. In January, Giroud was selected as the Arsenal Fan’s Player of the Month. He finished the season with 17 goals in 47 appearances.
- In 2014 Giroud played with the club in the FA Cup at Wembley and won the cup.
- In 2015, he became the seventh Arsenal player to reach 50 Premier League goals for the club.
- In the 2016-17 Premiere League, Giroud made only 3 appearances in the nine matches played. He also earned the FIFA Puskas Award for the goal of the year.
- In 2017, the club won the 2017 FA Cup Final. During the Europa League on 28th September, he scored his 100th goal for the club.
- In 2018, Giroud signed a contract with Chelsea. He made his debut in the Premier League on 5th January.
- In 2019, he led the team to victory in a match against Arsenal at the Europa League final. He set a new record for most goals by French footballers in a European season.
- In 2020, Giroud made his first appearance in the UEFA Championship and scored his first goal of the season against Barnsley. Giroud became the oldest player in the Champions League history to score a hat-trick.
- In 2021, Giroud became the 17th player in Premier League History to make 100 appearances.
|International Debut||11 November 2011|
|Olympic Medals||Gold: 0|
|Records||29 international goals in 69 games for the national team of France.|
|Best Record||Top ten goalscorers of all-time France.|
|Jersey Number||9, 18|
|Movie||Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Voice Over In French-dubbed version as the voice of the Green Goblin.|
Personal Life & More
Olivier’s Zodiac sign is Virgo. He holds a net worth of €50 million. s has a major endorsement deal with Puma. In 2011, he married Jennifer Giroud, they have two children. Olivier’s brother Romain, used to play football at the Auxerre and represented France in the U-15 and U-17. However, he dropped his career to study and become a nutritionist.
|Wife Name||Jennifer Giroud|
|Net worth||$50 M|
Physical Status & More
|Height (approx.)||193 cm|
Some Important Facts About Olivier Giroud
- In 2015, Giroud was voted the ‘Hottest Premier League Player’.
- In 2014, he was the face of Hugi Boss’s Boss bottled men’s fragrance.
- Olivier is a Left foot player.
- He is nicknamed Giroud.
Social Media Presents
|Olivier Giroud Instagram|
|Wikipedia||Olivier Giroud Wiki|
If you have Some more Important details about Football Player Olivier Giroud, Please comment below we will be updated soon.